Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Todos in Gmail?  (View post)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 1, 2006
17 years ago7,784 views

I think I heard that a while ago. About last year, so I don't think it's new, but I may be mistaken.

To-dos are one thing we really do need.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It looks like Gmail's down. Hopefully there adding some new features, like a To-Do list :)

Elfdog [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hmm....

"ToDos" is invalid, but "To Do" IS valid...

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I always consider e-mails and todo's to be similar. They could/should implement the system of os-x, there you can select a piece of text in an e-mail and make a task out of it.

Christophe Hamerling [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Voicemail is simpl because you can send voice mails with google talk...

Gandalf Wizard [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The word "todos" in portuguese means "all", that could be the problem. I have the same problem with label "arquivo".

Leland Spencer [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

actually, the reason why "ToDos" is blocked is because the word "todos", like "inbox", already exists in the Gmail navigation. for those who don't know, word is spanish, meaning "all"; if you change your gmail acount to spanish, "all mail" becomes "Todos los mensajes". todos, and therefore ToDos (or tOdOs, for that matter) is blocked for the same reason that "chats" is.

Graham Foster [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

"ToDo's" works as well...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I find it interesting that Google opted to localize these "system" strings. (Although I guess it's because they're visible when searching for e.g. [label:todos] instead of just being hidden system constants...)

Me [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

lol at todos in Poruguese, lol lol lol

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony, was this not the same sceanrio with the "VoiceMail" label too ? I remember you dug out something on that a long time ago!!

Jon [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I used to have a voicemail label but it has disappeared in recent weeks...

Jim [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

The good way to handle this is to use GTDGmail. It gives lots of neat ways to handle tasks and projects. See it at:

http://www.gtdgmail.com/

Ravindran VC [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Point is correct.

Todo list is available as a google gadget already.

May be todos means something in some other languages.

Piotr Konieczny [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

ToDo List integrated with GMail... That would be lovely!

I don't use Google.com/ig often – but I'm addicted to the ToDo gadged which is available only on Google Personalized Homepage :-(That means I have to have another Opera tab opened...

mrbene [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

New feature for me yesterday was offline chat delivery in Gmail Chat. Message is "<name> is offline and can't receive messages right now." if you try to initiate chat with someone who is currently offline, and "<name> is offline. Messages sent now when they sign back in" (or something like that) if the person you are chatting with goes offline.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"ToDos" in spanish means "all" or "everything", but for Gmail to default label names to one language is just plain wrong. I just tested "hacer" & "lio" which means "to-do" (in spanish) and the label was valid but it will not accept "to-do" in english nor spanish?!?!wtf!?! ... so i say the rumor on the "To-Do" List feature may still hold true and we'll just have to wait and see until it gets implemented. After all, a great email service like Gmail should have come with To-Do List since the beginning.

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

mrbene, my friend also pointed that out to me yesterday. I remember when GT first went live, that didn't work. Now it works and they can also get the messages when they sign into the Jabber server.

Andrew

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!