Google Blogoscoped

Forum

TIME on Web Future (in 1996)  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, November 1, 2006
17 years ago4,859 views

This article is a jewel.

DW [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

When I saw your headline, I thought you were pointing out this flaw: http://www.webconnoisseur.com/blog/general/time-inc-or-time-travel/

Good article, though. Too funny.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nathan Myhrvold, the physics Ph.D. who is one of Gates' most trusted deputies, told Time a year ago that "no matter how good your product, you are only 18 months away from failure." He was wrong. That span has been cut to six months. And shrinking.

And that was 10 yrs ago.

Frederic Wenzel [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I love how it says "slamming Saddam" in the corner ;)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yeah this is a great reminder to MSFT , however to give the devils IMSFT) their due, VISTA may just rock the boat for them a little longer, till they figure out what they want to do on the web!!

Once vista is turned on, the next 180 days is crucial for MSFT, and yes they have annouced a luanch date for Nov 30th in NYC.

Trolly the Troll [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Bmfff.. Bill gate, must of been a slow decade.

Katinka Hesselink [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

I wasn't even online back then, though I knew some people who were...

This is such a fast-moving field.

xeen [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The sad thing is that you could still ask the question today and probably in another 10 years. And I doubt that the answer will be 'the people'...

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's almost scary how easy it is to replace the references to Netscape with references to Google in that article...

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Time goes fast in the web Era

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

chenglili raises some interesting points :) [And chenglili's post has now been deleted as it was spam ;-) – Tony]

I was about to point out the Netscape-Google comparison too, flaunting it as a pearl of wisdom noticed by me alone. Alas, I am too slow. Bummer.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!