Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New Google Earth 4 Beta Available

Frank Taylor [PersonRank 1]

Friday, November 3, 2006
17 years ago3,107 views

Google released some nice new features in the latest Google Earth 4 beta (Windows version: 4.0.2416. Mac version: 4.0.2413). Most importantly, the ability to draw paths and polygons on the Earth is now a free option (previously only available in the Plus or Pro versions of GE). There are some other really slick new features like better lighting for 3D models, image overlays with altitude (enabling much better weather satellite and radar images), and enhancements to the new time features.

More details at Google Earth Blog here:

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2006/11/new_google_earth_4_b.html

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I am very excited to see the ability to draw paths and polygons to the free version. I think that opens up a lot of possibilities.

Now lets get some more hi-res coverage. :)

Tony

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why ooh why did I pay for that option.... aargh. I think I am going to try to get my money back... *-)

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder if we will be able to choose the date of the imagery displayed at some point. It would be fascinating to be able to view changes in the landscape and development over the years.

Tony

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I got a full (google checkout) refund for Google Earth Plus. No questions asked...

Good stuff

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!