Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Maps in Firefox

ardief [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, April 9, 2005
19 years ago

apologies if this has been brought before, but...am i th e only one who can't see google maps&satellite in firefox?!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I use Firefox and don't have any problems... did you install the latest version, and do you have default settings?

ardief [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Hm. Yeah, I have the latest version (just checked for updates) and i think i have default settings – am not geek-confident enough to mess around with them. It's v weird.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Maybe you're behind some firewall?

ardief [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

just the crappy windows one – usually it tells me when it blocks something on a website.
have had a look on the firefox forums as well but from what i understand it was something that, tho it might have been a problem, was supposed to be fixed in 1.0.2. i suppose it's not really problem as i dont normally use it, it's only annoying when i click on link from other blogs to it and nothing happens...i'll keep my eyes open for fixes tho...

M Bennett [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I have found the fix for blank Google maps in Firefox (courtesy of Slashdot):

Check your JavaScript advanced options in the Preferences. You’ll need “Change Images” and “Disable Or Replace Context Menus” checked.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!