Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Why does this result no longer appear?

Scott Semans [PersonRank 1]

Saturday, November 4, 2006
17 years ago2,406 views

A page at my site used to come up in searches, but now even inputting exact unique text from the page will not bring it up. It appears easily on Yahoo search. A tech savvy person who didn't like what he saw there complained to me, and it was after this that my page "disappeared" from Google results. Did he hack it out himself? Did he complain to Google and they removed it? Any ideas?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You second guess might be the course.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I have the same problem. I'm currently building a site which i've already seen a few pages listed on Google's SERP & Yahoo as well for the past month. Using the "site" operator, I would see all my listed pages but recently i only see one result and sometimes i see non. Is there something i'm not aware of from Google's SERPs? As i can tell, i'm not even violating the guidelines in any way.

Scott Semans [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

[Semi-duplicate post. Moved from "Will Google censor on request?" – Tony]

A page at my site used to come up in searches, but now even inputting exact unique text from the page will not bring it up. It appears easily on Yahoo search. The page is a list of names & cities of residence entitled : Names World Coin Dealers Should Know" but without any negative assertions about those named. A tech savvy person who didn't like his name there complained to me, and it was after this that my page "disappeared" from Google results. Could he hack it out himself somehow? Did he complain to Google and they removed it? If the latter, how do I contact Google as he did?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Scott, a good palce to start is the groups

http://groups.google.com/group/Google_Webmaster_Help

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

why dont you do a request reinclusion for your site/page ?

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35843

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!