Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The Google Blogoscoped Forum  (View post)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

Monday, November 6, 2006
17 years ago25,450 views

When a blog post follows up on a forum post, why not move the contents of the original forum post to the forum page that sits behind the blog post.

That way, people coming from the blog post will see immediately how the story unfolded.

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Congratulations guys – Everyone makes this place such an amazing destination.. It's one of my favorite places on the entire internet! I'm so glad I wrote that random post about 'Googlelonia' back when I was in college. It was the post that introduced me to the 'outer-court'.. I'm curious how other people found the this forum, found Philipp or what they did for this website to find them.

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>When a blog post follows up on a forum post, why not move the contents of the original forum post to the forum page that sits behind the blog post.

I don't think Philipp should ever meddle with what the forum member submits (retitling it etc.) better is what he currently often does, locking the comments for the post and linking to the Forum.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Justin, I arrived here when Philipp was an active Google Answers Researcher and was posting researcher profiles.

It took me another two years to find the forum though.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Admittedly, there was no forum in the beginning... in the beginning there was not even a comments system :)

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I, too, was unaware of the forums until reading The Google Story where he mentions it.

Philipp, perhaps a site redesign could emphasis the dual nature of the site. I am sure this community could help with it.

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

i believe i came via early Digg or someone else comment, but i forgot. Now Blogoscoped & Digg are the only things i read each day.

Inferno [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I knew it for a long very very long time but never posted... only looked at the articles...

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I personally was thinking that a front-page article could be a normal post within an existing thread (only if the discussion started earlier in the forum).

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm also one of those click, click click don't read guys. I needed several months to realize that GB is based in Germany and it took me some more months to check out the forum.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't know when I realised there was a forum. I originally found the site of SEW. I used to subscribe to the blog there and read the articles by Gary Price. I found that the Google stories were often the ones I found most interesting (since it is a company whose services I use a lot), and for many of the posts Gary hat tipped a certain Philipp over at Google Blogoscoped.

Since then Gary has left SEW, and joined Ask. And he occassionally posts in these forums.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

One of the first posts I ever read here was one where Philipp had linked directly to the forum, asking for opinions on what he'd written in his post, so I've always known that the forum exists. Lucky really!

That was just over 2 years ago. How things have changed since then...

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I found this site via the official Google blog, and I discovered the forum a bit later.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've found this site by searching "Google" in Google ;) And I knew about the forum from the very beginning.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!