Google Blogoscoped

Forum

If I were Google I would

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
17 years ago2,777 views

I just wrote a small follow-up for my 2005 predictions. I now call it "If I were Google" because it's involves a lot of wishful thinking ;)

http://www.seweso-systems.com/2006/11/if-i-were-google.php

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Let users record video's directly
> from video.google.com, this can
> be achieved through flash.

Yeah, that would be nice. Still needs a webcam though... maybe the world needs an ultra-simple, Google-optimized Google PC with all the necessary hardware plug-and-play ready, and connected to Google's web apps. OK, maybe the world doesn't need it, but it might be a commercial hit for Google :)

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Just in case Google's executives read this:

(Yup, wishful thinking here too!)

I'd get together with other tech companies doing business in China and try to work out an agreement for all companies to jointly open up the web for all Chinese, no matter what technical, publicity and diplomatic (those companies have some clout in the government) feats are required. This would include un-self-censoring Google, Yahoo, MSN and other search engines; as well as distributing free software to bypass the 'Great Firewall'.

If China just closes all such websites, then it's time for BIG publicity campaigns which will reach deep into China to, one way or the other, educate the Chinese in their rights (such as UN Declaration of Human Rights, which China signed) and that the world supports them in communicating freely and freeing their country.

If other high tech companies refuse to cooperate and wish to continue profiting from tyranny, then go it alone. Spend half of the YouTube purchase price to promote human rights and freedom of speech.

Google, you could change the world!!!

Got the courage to try it?

John Marshall [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I would integrate Google Bookmarks with starring in other services, such as Google Reader, Google Groups, etc :) with settings for each whether you want the stars to be added to your bookmarks and what default tags you want for each.

Simple things.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

God I'm not even going to start...

... there's just too much.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!