Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Adding AdSense to Wordpress  (View post)

Michael Keukert [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, November 14, 2006
17 years ago4,538 views

What's missing is suggestions on placement. There is the heatmap, of course, but especially low-profile blogs (like mine – ahem) have a hard time paying their hosting costs by clicks, so any help on placement is – well – helpful.

franky [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Honestly, if a blogger only throws me a title and an adsense block in my face, I can't be bothered to scroll. At least a little teaser (custom query fields d'uh) should be required.

Now if exactly that blogger writes an entry on adsense, I can only say : first show me your content and then I might click. And I'll move to the next blog. Or continue hiding in my feed reader, where at least I have a partial feed with first a teaser before I have to see the adsense block.

pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

i'll stay with putting one big rectangle BELOW my posts.

1: (and most important) it doesn't bother the reader while accessing the content because the ad is not above the fold
2: CTR is ok, as many people look for links AFTER reading the article

i recently saw philipp doing the same, and i guess it's the best practice and a good compromise between CTR and usability.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!