Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google News Sweden and Norway  (View post)

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 16, 2006
17 years ago4,326 views

Poland! I want Polish edition ;) Where it is? ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MQUIB5tMorw
Daddy, where is my Polish edition?!

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I know Google News has an India section, but they should also have individual languages like Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam etc. Although English is usually the main language, there are tons of regional publications (Eenadu would be a good example) that are individually more famous than established newspapers such as Times Of India

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hé hé hé, Sweden and Norway (and maybe Poland?) will quickly discover the name of all the organizations which protect newspapers' copyrights ;-)

Tue Abrahamsen [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

Google News was supposed to launch for Denmark as well, but given that the danish court has previously told a similar service that deeplinking is illegal, it has been delayed. Google has apparently been in contact with several newspapers and organisations to achieve written concent for the service, but has not received enough backup for it to happen (yet).

I sure hope this will change soon – would love to see more organized local news. That would probably make me use Google News daily :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!