Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's Cyber Monday Survey  (View post)

Hermon [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 21, 2006
17 years ago5,671 views

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/76628.html

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

any idea how many countries they are luanching checkout on this round ?

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks Hermon. That's a different promotion though as that one ends on November 26 and this one starts on November 27.

Stu [PersonRank 2]

17 years ago #

I got screwed when I tried out Google Checkout when they first introduced it – birthday present delivered days after the person's birthday even though I'd selected same-day/overnight shipping to get it there on time – so I'm gonna need to see some really swell deals to get me to chance it for Christmas gifts.

(It wasn't a 100% disaster, I did get refunded the price I'd paid for overnight shipping about a week later. Which, yeah it's nice and all, but doesn't make me look like any less of a schmuck to the person who got their present late.)

Ray Tanner [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I'm no attorney but there is absolutely no way I would ever sign up for the Google CheckOut service. Read the terms very carefully--you will find NO way to terminate your account or assure Goggle's safe use of your information. I think this is a case of the big boy strutting around doing whatever they want to do without regard to the customer's point of view, safety or interests. Good for EBay for killing the service. Go in with your eyes open folks.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!