Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Pluggd/HereHere

Pascal [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, November 23, 2006
17 years ago3,401 views

The HereHere technology is definatly something I think Google should be interested in developing/aquireing. It would allow them to target advertising in podcasts based on what being talked about and would give podcasters a way to monetize their shows with very targeted advertising.

Any thoughts?

Pascal [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Sorry for the typo, its HearHere.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I don't think HearHere has anything that Google can't easily put together themselves.

Speech recognition is already in use to generate captions for broadcasts, and the exact same technology can be used directly with podcasts. Remember how the earliest incarnations of Google Video allowed you to search within items based on the embedded captions? Google will bring this functionality back when they are ready.

If Google puts together speech recognition and caption search, they will pretty much have what HearHere can offer.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Roger, that day is very very close :)

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm looking forward to it, Alex. I'm sure the facility to link to a point part-way through a Google Video is part of the underlying technology for this.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Very smart comment. Here's a glimpse of the future:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=type%3Agoogle+engEDU+game

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<Remember how the earliest incarnations of Google Video allowed you to search within items based on the embedded captions>>
If a user has added captions to a video it DOES search them. I only found this buy a misspelling in my captions, it's still there if you want to look
[ http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=torchwoof]
In the past two weeks, they added the thing underneath to go straight to that point in the video.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!