Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Spreadsheets server down?

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 23, 2006
17 years ago2,659 views

For the last couple of hours I haven't been able to access any spreadsheets on Google Docs & Spreadsheets, or save changes to new ones. Anyone else having this problem?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Working here (UK).

17 years ago #

Still broken here, UK also. Weird, and annoying.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

works fine for me..

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Are you using it for something real? (!)

Edit: By "real" I mean "important".

[Sam]

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

try using this page:
http://www.google.com/support/writely/bin/static.py?page=troubleshooter.cs&problem=login&contact_type=login&stage=fm&contact_typemaster=login&Action.Search=Continue

(the domain says writely..! how come?)

17 years ago #

Sam: yes! That's weird too, I know. But I've been finding it very useful at work – we have a collaborative spreadsheet that everyone can access to log progress on projects.

Was just trying to upload our contacts database too . . . of course, a Google online database application, a version of Access, with programmable forms, would be great . . .

17 years ago #

Thanks David: I'll try those. The error message I keep getting, by the way, is just "We're sorry, a server error occurred. Please wait a bit and try again." Writely docs work fine. It gets as far as connecting to a specific server (eg ov7.spreadsheets.google.com) but then just keeps trying to load before finally coming up with the error.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!