Google Blogoscoped

Forum

iPod will hold all the world's TV in 12 years

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
17 years ago2,254 views

??Speaking at the FT World Communications Conference, Nikesh Arora, Google's VP of European operations, told delegates that, in the coming years, the plummeting price of storage and its increasing volume-to-size ratio will give iPods almost unlimited potential to hold music and video.??

http://networks.silicon.com/mobile/0,39024665,39164360,00.htm

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

It's strange (to me) that Arora thinks the "almost unlimited potential to hold music and video" will come from the plummeting price of storage rather than a massive increase in available network connectivity and bandwidth.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Roger: One doesn't negate the other.

Besides, do you see universal free coverage for wireless broadband connectivity happening within 12 years? Man I hope so! But I think ubiquitous massive storage is a more likely prediction.

Even then, I'd still rather my iPod hold all my TV shows, with the network connectivity and bandwidth regularly adding to it, rather than depending on the network for all my content. There's always going to be somewhere that's out of range – Australia is a big country!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!