Forum

Google Digital Photo Frame  (View post)

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, November 28, 2006
17 years ago6,761 views

it is a 200 USD value, cool ---

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Louis, did you get a holiday postcard as well, can you scan it ?

Because last year, Google sent postcard with wrong translation and typing.

Louis [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hello,
I retook a few pictures for better quality. I also added a close up of all the translations inside the card.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Lucky Louis!!

yeah, I saw something like that at Blacks.. it was in the $200 plus range.. nice of google to send out such expensive gifts!!

Adam Dempsey [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Cool gifts. Anyone know roughly how much you have to earn to count as a 'premier AdSense publisher' ?

Louis [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

To become a premium publisher, you have to have a website with more than 20 million page views per month to be considered.

pip [PersonRank 8]

17 years ago #

ok, then it's a cheap one... ridiculous...

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

wow, more then 1000 $ with adsense?
i hope this will be available in google store...

Michael Herman [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Have any AdWords advertisers received their annual gift yet?

Last year's USB funkit was a nice surprise.

17 years ago #

Well, that only took a few hours...

I just received my own Google Digital Frame in the mail today for being an AdWords advertiser this year.

So, AdWorders, keep an eye out for your very own frame.

17 years ago #

Oh, and the instruction book is pretty funny.

It was obviously written by an English-as-a-tenth-language individual.

Jeff [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I just received mine. I'm listed as the contact for my company's adwords account, and we spend around $20-$30K per month on adwords.

I will say it's a "nice" gift ... if only it worked properly. I get a "file error" on files I exported from Picasa onto an SD card. But if I take those very same files, open them in MS Paint and re-save ... then they work fine. m You'd figure they'd at least check to see if their gift worked with their own photo software.

Then there's an other little annoying "feature". Even when it's connected to the power adapter, it still shows a little yeallow "battery charge" indicator icon in the lower right, superimposed over the photos. I even went so far as to completely remove the batteries and it still displays the icon.

Ah well ... as buggy as it is, it's still worth every penny I paid for it. :-P

Still ... there's a level of quality in a gift that if you don't surpass it, you'd probably be better off not giving the gift at all. If I got to "choose" my gift, I'd have preferred something from a lower price-point, but that had a higher level of quality control.

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I don't know who claims this has a $200 USD value. Radio Shack has a larger frame version that is around $80 without the buggy battery icon.

I certainly don't mind getting this little unexpected bonus, though. I've got a couple of friends who desperately want one for their own, so I'll be able to use it as leverage for a big favor.

At the end of the day, just being one of the elite recipients is cool enough. Everyone wants to know what's inside the striped Google box in my office. I'm getting more mileage out of the wrapped package than if I actually set it up on my desk!

Sean [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I also got one, you can't make adjusts to the settings either. The picture always changes every 5ish seconds and its really annoying.

If you keep the frame plugged into the computer the Battery icon goes away.

sarah [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

You can change the settings by pressing menu when the picture is on. you can also get the battery image off.

Brad Knowles [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Folks,

I just received in the mail what I believe to be a Google digital photo frame, but I'm not an AdSense advertiser, and I have no reason to believe that they would have a valid reason to be sending this device to me. I believe that this probably was intended for someone else and somehow mistakenly delivered to me, and I'd like to try to find out what the contact address is for the folks at Google who sent them.

Do you have any information that might help me track down the appropriate people at Google that I can talk to about this?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Some ways to contact Google:

http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-05-08-n87.html

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!