Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Displays Outlook Invitation  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, November 30, 2006
17 years ago6,066 views

very blurry. scrap.. cant autheticate the fields into the outlook API.

interoperablity is good things, but how does it directly interface into my google calendar ? I get an invite via gmail and accept, should not this update my Gcal ??

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The screen is clickable to show you a bigger version Peter...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Philipp, I did click and took a look at the bigger version .. i was aiming for the Hcal mircofromat and gCal interoperablity review... its still unclear that gmail and g-services are moving to the mircoformat paradigm..

oh well Yahoo! adopted a little, so i assume that googs may give some consideration on this landscape!!

Forrest Goodson [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I tried sending an invite from my corp. Lotus Notes account and got a similar screen. Interoperability looks awesome, updated my lotus calendar when I accepted from gmail, and added to my gCal.

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Dang, is gmail ever gonna stop getting more awesome? Seriously it started out with the kickass feature of a huge amount of storage (compared to others at the time)

And since then it's gotten tons of features, nice slight interface mods.

I mean I love it. I also use Google for Domains, which you have no idea how awesome it is to email yourself logs for a website, and then simply use google's search to find whatever...customer lookups are so fast.

joe [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

btw – it works for Entourage too (Mac Office version of Outlook). I discovered that by accident last week when my wife sent me an Entourage invite and i opened it in Gmail. When you hit Yes or No, they will get back a response just as if you had replied in Outlook/Entourage

Peekay [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Canceling the appt works, too! Updates Google Calendar automagically. This rocks!

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

How is this news? This has worked this way from the get-go. Right?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Well, if anyone knows for sure how new/ old this is, I'd appreciate the note...

Carl S [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

This worked when we launched Google Calendar in April, but glad to hear that people are liking it!

Hashim [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Well, if anyone knows for sure how new old this is, I'd appreciate the note..."

It's awesome, but it's as old as Gcal itself. I use Gmail for my work email and Gcal for my calendar. I used to regularly receive Outlook schedule requests and Gmail handles them intelligently as pictured above.

Coolest feature? When you click "yes" to confirm an appointment, the AJAX magic sends the response behind the scenes and you never leave the page.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!