Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What is the Google Answer's Future?

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

Friday, December 1, 2006
17 years ago2,246 views

This world have two kinds of products. One is real products, like garments, food, car ect. Another is the Virtual products.

So Google Answers can be the perfect platform for the Virtual products.

I am a fashion designer, as you know, per fashion styles have their unique market. For the Google Answers, I think it is highend in the Answers, just like Polo brand in the fashions.

How big is the Virtual product market? Althouth 50Cents is the famouse hiphop brand, do not put Google Answers's target to 50Cents.

G-unit!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hong, right now Google Answer's present and immediate future is that it's dead. I don't know if Google wants to ever revive this thing, and if they do, in which ways. (It might be bad spirit to keep the name because you ought not to kill off something and then expect to be able to have jump on board again when you revive it.) But to really answer the question, we also must now *why* Google killed Google Answers in the first place, and I haven't yet see them give any reason.

17 years ago #

I think I can not find reasons to stop GA.
The best way should be Wake GA if it looks sleeping very well. Kill GA is not rational.
Maybe it is some way to make news(I do not think google will use this way), and active GA again in the later future(It will be another big news). Who care? I also like drink wine. The crazy-cool google also my love.

17 years ago #

Yes, reviving GA would now cause big news. But it's incredibly bad news at the moment for Google, because they get the image (somewhat deservedly) that they don't understand how to build a community, and trust is harder to regain now... and future communities must be based partially on this trust. So I don't think this is a PR effort at all. But we speculate, we don't know the real reasons.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would love if a new version is released which combines both Professional Research with Community powered whatever.

17 years ago #

> Community powered whatever

I like community powered whatever :)

17 years ago #

The PV of one years yahoo answers is 24 times of google answers. Google answers is 4 years old. The money of yahoo answers is advertisement. Google answers is service fee. The PV is not the key that can judge the distance between Google answers and Yahoo answers.
Google answers no need to stop the high-end service, just add a free lite vision OK.
So can catch the low and high together.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!