Forum

Help Find CNET's James Kim and Family

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, December 2, 2006
17 years ago3,597 views

Help Find CNET's James Kim and Family
By Scott M. Fulton, III, BetaNews
December 1, 2006, 10:23 AM
A member of the technology press community and his family have been missing since November 25, and they need your help in locating them and seeing them home safe.

James Kim is a CNET senior editor, and contributor to the Crave technology blog. For the Thanksgiving holiday, they left their home in Noe Valley, San Francisco on November 17, traveling by station wagon to Seattle. They were expected to return home on November 27, and were last seen in Portland, Oregon, on the early afternoon of November 25, where they had brunch with a family friend. Kim and his family were last seen driving a silver Saab station wagon with personalized California plates: DOESF

James was traveling with his wife Kati, and children Penelope, age 4, and Sabine, just 7 months old. Colleagues noted James and Kati missing on the morning of the 27th.

The San Francisco Police Dept. has posted a complete Missing Persons report here. If you have any information whatsoever that may lead to the Kims' whereabouts, you're urged to call Inspector Angela Martin of the SFPD Missing Persons Unit, at (415) 558-5508.

More photos of James and Kati can be found on CNET's Crave blog, where you can also leave your prayers and best wishes for their safe return.

The "DOE" on Kim's license plate refers to Doe Fine Goods, one of two apothecary boutiques the family owns. Doe is located on Lower Haight Street, specializing in unique toiletries, designer clothes for women, and baby accessories. The Kims also own Church Street Apothecary, which specializes in housewares, bath accessories, and gifts. James' aesthetic touch and technical acumen can be seen on their Web sites.

The San Francisco Chronicle this morning features a story including quotes from family members, and those who last spoke with the Kim family.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

yes , this is important. I was going to post... but yu beat me to it Brinke!

this is a very strange case and I hope that all our US and SFO/LAX readers here will either spread the news and/or blog the story..

I pulled the story from Chris

http://chris.pirillo.com/2006/11/30/missing-friend-james-kim/

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Used to work at CNET, but I don't think I ever met him. Hope they find 'em OK.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Just an update: His family has been found, alive and well, but they're still searching for James. They took a shortcut and got stranded in the snow. James set out on foot to find help, but he hasn't been seen. Searchers are still combing the countryside and following his tracks to bring him back home.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/04/missing.family.ap/index.html

Astounded [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

This guy is definitely not a Mensa. It's one bad decision after another: first, to travel that logging road in the face of snow, etc., wow; then, upon setting out for help, he promptly leaves the road and descends cliffs into the Rogue River basin, where no one is likely to be for months to come. High probability this won't end well for him...

blesdmom [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Astounded, show some respect. Even the brightest of us have made unwise decisions and you have no idea what was motivating the choices they made.

To the family of James,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and James, especially you and your girls Kati. What a phenomenal job you and James did as parents, when faced with a horrible situation, the two of you worked together to do whatever you could to ensure the safety of your children. I am praying for James rapid safe return and commend your family for demonstrating such wonderful love and courage. How lucky your girls are to have the two of you as parents!!

God Bless!

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sad News: James Kim found dead.
http://www.ktvu.com/news/10436601/detail.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh this is bad.

mira ivanova [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

This is so sad. Im real sorry. :(rest in peace! Y

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!