Google Blogoscoped

Forum

A Portrait of the Googlebot  (View post)

Iolaire McFadden [PersonRank 6]

Tuesday, December 5, 2006
17 years ago5,416 views

That is a very good image. It amazing how people are allowed an outlet to sell their artwork via the web... In the old days an artist like this would be stuck doing portraits like this at a sea side resort for like $20 – now they have a global audience ---- and get to draw fun stuff not some vacationer's portrait.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That is gorgeous. I think the wait is reasonable, and worth it.

Brian M. [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

BTW, what's the licensing?

Gill Bates [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I am the owner of MMOART.com and the artist that drew this piece. I had a great time working on the Google Bot. I was given full autonomy in the bot’s creation, and that is always a joy as it gives me a chance to really let the creative juices flow. In regard to our turn-around time, we let all of our clients know upfront that there may be a significant wait due to our high demand and dedication to quality. We have also recently hired 2 new artists to help expedite the orders. Mr.Lennsen, thank you once again for your patronage and taking the time to review our service.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Brian, this blog and all imagery in it (unless otherwise credited/ noted) is sharing-enabled with the following license:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.5/

So that's also the license of this particular illustration I bought.

J. McNair [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think it's hilarious (in a good way) and eerily accurate.

I still can't believe I went to high school with this guy.

--JM

Gill Bates [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Hey JM! If my memory serves me well it Mrs.Hendersons art class at Roosevelt? If you get a chance shoot me an email at gillbates[put at-character here]mmoart.com

17 years ago #

So we all have to thank Mrs. Henderson for this piece!

Tiago Serafim [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

Really nice! Totaly worth the 100 bucks...

His big eye remembers me "HAL" from 2001

Trogdor [PersonRank 6]

17 years ago #

I must say, I've seen a lot of different representations of Googlebot in the past (many of which thanks to this blog!) ... this is, by far, the best I've ever seen. I expect loads of people to save it, copy it, and probably share it regardless of license ... which I'd take as a signal of good quality.

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I would have preferred something a little more cute and cuddly, but then again, I didn't pay for it. :)

17 years ago #

http://blogoscoped.com/files/cuddly-googlebot.jpg

(photo from http://www.cuddlybear.org)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!