Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail for the troops

juan [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, July 8, 2004
20 years ago

Troops do not need email, they need to go back home and quit torturing and murdering people

Alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

These volunteers signed up to defend their country. That is a noble cause by any standard. If you don't agree with the decisions made either by our system of government or current leadership, voice your voice by voting. If that doesn't work come up with a better system.

While your formulating this new system you might also try reading about the social contract:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract

Juan [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

My better system is that they go back home and quit torturing and murdering people

juan [PersonRank 0]

20 years ago #

oh btw
volunteers?
defend from what?
from WMD? which ones?
is the world safer now?
does the Social contract promote torture and occupying territories for greed?
has the people of Iraq any social contract with US?
why are they detained under no law then?
all I will say, I do not want to start a hard discussion on this

Alterego [PersonRank 2]

20 years ago #

The United States military is comprised of volunteers. There is rampant discussion inside our nation as to the verity of claims made by our government, as outlined in the recent blockbuster Fahrenheit 9/11. The invasion of Iraq will continue to be debatable so long as things are ever debated. One point remains, however, and that is that the charges that are now being brought upon Saddam Hussein, such as genocide, could have been brought up against him before the invasion. The crimes against humanity had been committed. NATO agrees that the world is a better place with him gone. Do the ends justify the means? Voice your opinion with a vote.

Speaking of which, are you a citizen? Regardless, an informed and reasoned voice is much more powerful than heartless ranting. These troops have families. Have you read the article?

"troops can see clips of home movies, clips of their babies taking their first steps, of their children’s graduations."

http://www.estripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=23173

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!