Google Blogoscoped

Forum

New YouTube Navigation

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, December 7, 2006
17 years ago4,503 views

Looks like YouTube has experienced yet another makeover, after the news of the acquisition, with new menus and logo.

It's not all skin deep, though. There's been some thought about user experience. It's now more task-orientated. There's a personal section "My: Videos, Favorites.." in its own box; there's a separate "Upload Videos" button, away from the main navigation for browsing content.

Browse, Create and Personal.

I like it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder who's making these changes and why. Is it the old YouTube team? Is it a new "Google approach"? I wonder if Googlers are scared to touch this considering they already have Google Video representing their approach, which for some reason wasn't satisfying to Google in the end.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think it's the old team trying to impress Google.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>> I think it's the old team trying to impress Google. <<

Most definately. I don't really see anything wrong with that either. They recently hired a new graphic designer... so that could have been his job (a bit of a last minute change in responsbility, probably).

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I like the new logo, ~hate the new navigation.

Psychotronica [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Anyone miss the Home tab?

Brian Chow [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Hi,

Yes, I miss the Home Tab. Overall, I like the newer interface. It is simpler and more functional.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!