Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Earth Toy Hunt Game  (View post)

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

Thursday, December 14, 2006
17 years ago6,002 views

You can view this kml file as an overlay on Google Maps too. A gift shows up at the North Pole with today's clue in it. Going to the location for the answer to the clue does not seem to turn up anything on this map though.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://dev.keyhole.com/santa/2006/santa.kml

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I got it! (Using Google, of course)

Zach [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

On Google Earth I can't see the present, but on Google Maps I can. I know where the place is so I don't know what I'm doing wrong, because the kml is already open.

Michael Schaap [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

It's rather easy to solve this one without leaving Google Earth ... and without thinking, actually. :-)

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

(Just search for "Bombay", and it will bring you right there.)

Jon Heckman [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Yeh Michael Schaap I did that and I was kind of surprised that they said "formally" if it is then they need to update their database. :P

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/postcatcher.php?PostWizardFile=cl-12-14-06-234537019.kmz

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Next question in line, via Googe Maps, is...

"This city, whose name literally means "northern capital," will be host to the 2008 Olympic Games."

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

For the texture of the presents, all I see is Xs... Anyone else have this problem?

WF [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

have you find Santa?

17 years ago #

Santa is on the north pole, WF. You'll be taken straight to him when you open the santa.kml file.

WF [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

to Philipp Lenssen :

how do we get the gift?

WF [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

to Philipp Lenssen :
   could i have a talk with you ?
my Gtalk: FareRuby[put at-character here]Gmail.com

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

For those that can't see it in Google Earth, are you running the most current version of GE? The most recent version of Beta 4 was released on November 4th, and is required to see the Toy. I don't believe you will get the most recent version by using the auto updater.

TonyB

TK [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Well, I guess I'll have to check back daily since I can't get the Santa KML file to open in GE for me. I can view the presents just fine, but the rest doesn't seem to work.

17 years ago #

WF, you can also just talk here...

WF [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

yesterday i found the toy in the capital of China, but i donnot know how to do with it. but today i open the GE, i found the gift is lost. Did you get the gift or the toy? and how Google know which guy got the toy?

Stony Smith [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Santa has two Wives!!!

Mrs. Clause is standing outside the house on the right (facing left), but she's also standing inside the center section of the house behind the tree, in front of the fireplace! Inside, she's facing right.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!