Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Notifier + Google Accounts + Captcha problem?

Brian [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, May 7, 2005
19 years ago

Starting today when I try to log into the Gmail Notifier for Windows it opens my web browser every single time and asks me to do a captcha!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

HG [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Yeah, it's all becoming VERY big brother. Basically if you log into Gmail (via browser or gmail notifier) you are automatically logged into "Google Accounts" (note that on gmail log in page it asks you for your "google login", not your "gmail" log in". Next time you log in go to G's homepage and look at the top right corner. You will see your email address along with a link to My Web Search or something to that effect. That's right, they are capturing every search you do. I got rid of my Firefox gmail notifier and turned off the convenient (to them) default setting that captures everything you do once you log into to gmail.... or rather "Google Accounts".

Brian [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I know all that but I was wondering if this was a bug. Logging into the Gmail Notifier shouldn't open a web browser and ask you to do a captcha!

Caleb [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

doesnt happen to me....i've never had to do a captcha except when i made the account

Brian [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I found the problem. I have a server sitting under my desk and I accidentally had the Gnotifier installed on both of them. Turns out it only allows you to install the notifier on one machine at any given time.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!