Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Serious problem with Gmail

Rafael [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, December 16, 2006
17 years ago3,816 views

Hi,

I have an account in gmail rafael.farias[put at-character here]gmail.com and other person have an account rafaela.farias[put at-character here]gmail.com

The problem is: I receive all rafaela's email's and she receive some of my emails too. Why this? Gmail can't recognize a simple letter A?

someone can help? ... without delete my account :)

regards,

Rafael.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

My best guess now is typing error when entering the email address since I have not encounter such problem.(I have a very unique name. :D)
And as always, you should contact the Gmail team regarding such problems.
If you don't mind, can you post some of the emails' headers here(just the headers) or email me if you prefer, haochi.chen (a) G.com

Sankar Anand [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

gmail cannot do anything with it!

Its the Typo Error of users who intend to send you mail! The best thing is you must own her account on request from the account owner and integrate the same account with your gmail and by creating a filter in that mail you can forward all the mails from that account to your gmail

Rafael [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It's not Typo Error of users cause i receive automatic emails too

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yes Rafael, in all likelihood people just mistype this, or follow up on email addresses they received in which the sender mistyped it... e.g. on a business card – this actually happened before, and the person was 100% sure it was Google's fault, but it turned out it wasn't!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!