Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What To Do When Your Blog is Locked?  (View post)

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 19, 2006
17 years ago5,431 views

Some mail exchanges:

Dear Blogger user,

This is a message from the Blogger Team. In order to maintain a free, high quality service, we use an automated classifier to identify spam blogs. [1]

This system has detected that your blog has characteristics that resemble spam. Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerly apologize for this erroneous result.

You won't be able to publish posts to your blog until we review your site and verify that it is not a spam blog. To request a review, please fill out the form found here:

http://www.blogger.com/unlock...

We'll take a look at your blog and unlock it in less than one business day. Please note, if we don't hear from you, we will remove your blog within 20 days. If the blog at http://*.blogspot.com does not belong to you, then no action is necessary on your part. Any other blogs you may have will not be affected.

By using automated classification systems we've been able to dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to users like you instead of spammers. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Your blog has been reviewed, verified, and cleared for regular use so that it will no longer appear as potential spam. If you sign out of Blogger and sign back in again, you should be able to post as normal. Thanks for your patience, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Sincerely,
The Blogger Team

17 years ago #

What to do when your blog is locked? Well, wait... Or read a good book. Or enjoy life.

Chris Smith [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Googling for some of the text from the first entry on the blog throws up several spammy-looking sites with the same text:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=%22Wikipedia+founder+Jimmy+Wales+has+announced+that%22+his+for-profit+company%2C+Wikia+Inc.%2C+is+ready+to+give+away+for+free+all+the+software%2C+computing%2C+storage

If I were writing spam detecting bots, something like that would certainly raise warning flags

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Chris – if you search for snippets from Google Blogoscoped (or most other blogs) you'll also find many spam blogs. That's because they copy a blog... keyword fodder for their ads!

Balakumar Muthu [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Hi Ionut Alex. Chitu,

First of all thanks for your immediate response and to Philipp Lenssen.

But just now I have logged out and re logged in, still I am not able to post, as the "Publish Post" button is disabled. I am able to see the same message "Warning".

I have even cleared my cookies and even changed browser and also system, still same issues :(.

Does it takes some more time for the Blogger server to get refreshed ?

Thanks.

17 years ago #

No, you'll have to receive that mail first.

RC [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I can vouch for the authenticity of this blog. I used to read this blog once in a while. Its shocking to think of this blog being locked.

I know blogspot is loaded with spam blogs. And that Google needs to tighten their rein, but, this is bordering insanity. I really can't think of any reason why Google might want to consider that blog spammy.

Honestly, I think my days of being of a Google's fan are being numbered :([along with the idea that they removed Google API...wtf]

17 years ago #

ok, I will wait for the mail from Blogger :).

Thanks

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I assume it would be too big of task to have the spambots flag a blog, and then have a human check it to determine it it should be blocked or not?

TonyB

Missy [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

Dear Balakumar,

Come write at LiveJournal!

They don't use 'bots to freeze suspected spam blogs – they review first (real humans) and THEN ban.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sometimes Google punishes whole blog platforms. Just search for this:
http://www.google.de/search?q=blogigo.de
The warning is there for almost a week now.

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I passed on this feedback. They looked into this and said that the oldest ticket about this case that they saw was 32 hours ago. At any rate, the blogger team is aware of this now and will check it out very soon.

Raj Patel [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Monopolies are fun!! Imagine if Google could do this with your online site, email, calendar, blogs, and merchant account --- oh wait they can! Remember the cruise line debacle from a year or two ago? Or China from last year? Censorship is not really doing evil, as long you makes lots o money.

17 years ago #

This message also seems interesting:
http://static.flickr.com/81/280854304_e1f7ce0be4.jpg

17 years ago #

Thanks! Thank you Everybody.

Just checked my blog and It's now successfully unlocked :), I am back into the Blogosphere, I am highly excited.

My very special thanks to Google Blogoscoped forum, Philipp Lenssen, Ionut Alex. Chitu, RC, Matt Cutts, Blogger Team and to all of you guys! :).

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Happy to help. I think the Blogger folks would have gotten back to you within the next few hours anyway, but it's still good to make sure. :)

17 years ago #

Matt Cutts – That's absolutely true, the Blogger team has unlocked my blog with in few hours, but as I was in my morning meeting yesterday and I have checked my blog only later in afternoon.

Sorry for the delayed update I have given. Thanks.

Siddhartha Gandhi [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Me too!

My blog, Google Video Highlights (http://www.gvhighlights.blogspot.com) was locked as well for being a spam blog...it's nothing of the sort.

The funny thing is that two Google employees know about my blog, they even sent me a few gifts in thanks of my "fan blog", and then my blog was marked as spam. I clicked the thing to tell them to review it, and then it was unlocked shortly after.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!