Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Bookmarks for IE 7?

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, December 19, 2006
17 years ago3,504 views

I am a big fan of Google Bookmarks as I an regulary on 3 different computers. I am also a big fan of GMarks for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2888/ It puts a very nice user interface onto Google Bookmarks, with lots of nice features.

Is there a comparable extension for IE 7? I have found that IE 7 is working better for me in Vista than Firefox (faster, more responsive, and better integrated with my MS Office tools, especially OneNote 2007) and want the same experience with Google Bookmarks that I have had with GMarks on my Vista machine in IE 7.

Yes, I do have the Google Toolbar installed, but it is slow to scroll through my list and does not allow for searches.

Any suggestions?

TonyB

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

<<Yes, I do have the Google Toolbar installed, but it is slow to scroll through my list and does not allow for searches.>>

You can search.

1) Google shows relevant bookmarks while typing a query.

2) Select "Bookmarks" from the big list of Google services (web, images, etc.) and type your query.

TonyB [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

That was a good suggestion about bookmarks showing in Search. It does not seem to work with labels/tags/folders, however.

The Bookmarks site works fine, but it involves opening another screen. The beauty of GMarks is it works very similar to Favorites, with nested labels/tags/folders, and can be open in a sidebar and so on.

Thanks for your suggestions!

TonyB

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony, when I said "Select "Bookmarks" from the big list of Google services", I meant the list from the toolbar. You know, you can choose a Google service and search only that. Bookmarks is one of those services.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!