Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Aaron Swartz: Google Treats Employees Like Kids  (View post)

Peter [PersonRank 0]

Thursday, December 21, 2006
17 years ago5,305 views

Shorter Aaron Swartz:

<em>I'm so sick of Google! I sent them my resume like...8,000 times and they never even called me back! Well, except for that one time when they asked me my GPA. And my SAT. But those art history classes were tough! And I don't test well! Damn you Google! So, are you like...hiring, or anything?</em>

justin [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

sound like they're going through the Microsoft "i'm fully vested, f**k you" phase. (the infamous "IFVFU" t shirts...)

Frank Taylor [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Well, Aaron is being lamblasted by a lot of Googlers and observers. I have to say his remark about the SpaceShipOne replica is totally wrong. I was just there last week, and the replica looks just like the real thing. He probably hasn't ever seen the real one, so he didn't realize that SS1 looks more like a toy plane than a space ship.

Michael [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I think I speak for all Googlers when I say that Aaron is a doody-head.

Nay, a *double* doody-head!

Plus – I'm telling...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

What's a doodyhead? Can't find a translation...

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

doody-head = poo-head (to use the polite form)

Edit – i.e. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doody or http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doodie

Michael [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It's like the worst thing you can be called by someone in 1st grade...

Sorry, just my attempt at humor...

paolo deart [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

:-)
a question: where is possible to buy the nice support for video in the picture?

Aaron Swartz [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Thanks for the props, Philipp. Peter, you're like the 900th person to say that. Which is weird, because Google offers me a job every time I visit.

Anonymous Googler [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Job offers, eh? Don't mistake "we should get you in here for an interview" with an actual offer. There's a world of difference.

Aaron, if you really want the pulse of Google, pay more attention to those "cynical hotshots" you dismissed so quickly. We're the ones busy eating at our desks and changing the world while the fresh-out-of-college kids in Mountain View complain about the selection of smoothies in the cafeterias.

We aren't nearly as interesting to blog about, though.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Everyday, after I get up. I remind me how much I like Kids?
Googler very very very very very lucky!!! Kids can have full free dreaming.
So Google can be a great company.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!