Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Claims to Return Result in 0.00 Seconds  (View post)

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, December 21, 2006
17 years ago8,690 views

lollll..

nice one Ionut.. :)

maybe Google will read out minds, and saves us hours of typing queries :P

(works for me too)

Mathias Schindler [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

another proof that Google is using secret Roswell alien technology.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If you want to save keystrokes, there's Google Voice Search. It doesn't work for now, but it could be resurrected.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You can use a speech-to-text device to access Google too... let's hope it works better than this one:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1123221217782777472

noname [PersonRank 4]

17 years ago #

easy answer – very common phrase, so it has cached answer, so there is really no need for any time to search

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

No. You get 0.00 seconds for ANY query.

Also check Patent Search.

Mark [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

If Google begins returning results in negative time, you'll still have to type your query to avoid a paradox.

Mathias Schindler [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Mark:

Google could send an Arnold Schwarzenegger back in time to make you type the search request in order to prevent that paradox.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

But Arnold Schwarzenegger would need to make sure he doesn't meet his younger self, or else the universe implodes.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Also works on, Patent search, Catalogue Search, 3d Warehouse. These would seem to be the ones with the smaller databases, which would make them quicker but 0.00? That's fast.

Eric Wilson [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Cool. Google uses Tacion Particles. The particles get there before they leave.

Eric Wilson

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is the complete opposite to the Google gadgets directory where searches take a least 1 second (which isn't a lot, but when you think how small the index is compared to the web search index, you realise it's pretty slow)..

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This is better than the Google Gadgets searches that were taking in excess of 8 seconds last month...

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/74738.html

David T [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

LOL! With the "database of intentions" that Google is constantly creating maybe it will be able to give a negative search time..............

bd_ [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Probably the search was simply less than 0.01 seconds, resulting in truncation. I do realize this is a less fun explanation though :)

Scott [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I believe that Google Earth lets you (like Superman) circle the globe faster than the speed of light, thus rolling back time (and allowing you to save Lois Lane). But be careful ... if you fly in the wrong direction, you'll speed up time. However, you might get to your search results even faster that way ....

:-)

truthhurtz [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

you're lying i get 0.15 sec average for keywoard "blogs"

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

truthhurtz: Did you use Google Book Search (as stated in the post) or Google Web Search?

Ratatosk [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

well if it actually was 0.004 seconds then that would be 0.00

Tim Johansson [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

<b>bd</b>, it needs to be less than 0.005. 0.006 or 0.005 would be rounded upwards.

Sohil [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Maybe they're using their Mentalplex technology (It's obviously still in Beta ;))

greent [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

>> well if it actually was 0.004 seconds then that would be 0.00

exactly. it's all about the number of significant digits displayed. perhaps, if google extended the precision...

Adam [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

0.00 seconds is perfectly reasonable. As "greent" said, it only has to be below 0.0004 seconds: something I think Google could achieve.

Elias Kai [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Get Google connected to your brain cells, and whatever you think of without even pronouncing the words or writing them, Google will give you all alternatives. And after one minute, you can get the worst headache ever,.

MTO [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Well, it looks like it was rounded but...

Not fake, google could show results in 0.0 seconds.
You know the google suggest feature, right? It could be possible to search as you type... so by the time you hit the enter key or press the search button it could have results ready... resulting in 0.0 seconds.

dnl2ba [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

truthhurtz: Are you using the book search, or the web page search? The example here uses the book search.

But yeah, it looks like everything is taking 0.00 seconds, according to Google Book Search.

hot-elle.de [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

merry christmas and a happy new year 2007

JPL [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

What I'm always wondering, is how the google homepage rates a page rank 10 with no content on it?

Stephen Tordoff [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Slighty off topic, but think of all the backlinks that google gets

Vincent [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

First of all nothing takes 0.00 seconds. You CAN have seconds up into the Xth place of numbers. 0.00000004 seconds for instance. THAT is plausible, but Google is not going to show something as stupid as that, I mean they will probably add it to make people happy, or do it as a joke.

Jeroen de Koning [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Lol, that is very funny!

Jack Humphrey [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

That's ok, but how long will it take before we are tired of waiting for 0.00 page loads and demand faster performance?

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

0.004 equal to 0.00, 0.005 equal equal to 0.01. I guess the time not more than 0.005.
As the reality, google server terrilbe fast.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Sorry Ratatosk already give the answer.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!