this:
google.com/

is the URL straight to the main page.

this:
google.com/ig?hl=en
is the personalized pg URL.

this:
google.com/webhp
is the 'classic home' link you get if you switch to classic off the personal page.

my question is: how can i make it so the www.google.com page always comes up? cause even if that's set to 'home'- if I close the browser and the personal page was the last page showing..thats what it will come up on. not the spare www.google.com page.

am i making sense?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Use this:
google.com/url?sa=p&pref=i ...

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

that redirects to the webhp link. so if i use that, the classic google page then says 'make google your home page' once again.

14 years ago #

it redirects to google.com, but also sets smth in the cookie. that setting toggles between /webhp and /ig.

14 years ago #

I just want it to stay on the clasic page all the time.

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

use google.com/ncr

14 years ago #

redirects to:
google.com/ig?hl=en

14 years ago #

The situation is very easy to understand.

* if you never go to google.com/ig, you won't have any problem
* if you do, every time you go to google.com or an address that normally sends you to the classic home, the setting from your google cookie will redirect you to google.com/ig. To go to the classic homepage, click on the link from the top-right "classic home".

Google suppose that by going to the personalized homepage, you expressed an option, so it saves it in the cookie.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!