Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Banning Google  (View post)

iLove Google [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, May 17, 2005
19 years ago

So... because I use Google I have no integrity?? Really.

BloggingTom [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

As he writes on his blog, he has already stopped his actions against Google-Traffic...

But it was a goog idea, a lot of publicity and a lot of traffic for his blog :-)

googleman [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

I don't understand why you are so upset about the Web Accelerator. Google specifically states it is important to read the disclaimer which tells you exactly what it will do. If you didn't read the disclaimer (which they stated is a must read) then shame on you. Any intelligent person would not agree to the disclaimer terms and hence, using their free will, would NOT install the Web Accelerator. Unlike GATOR they make it pretty clear what it will do. Everything else Google has developed works great and makes life that much more productive, unlike AOL which really gets into your business.

Sheenada Sheenada [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Why worry about Google or any other spyware?
I doubt that Google has any new information that Echelon hasn't already sold or leaked to spammers. The internet is subject to government controls, which means surviellance, period.

KirbyMeister [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

This guy is just like the GoogleWatch guy, who fears anything big specifically because it's large. He's like 'oh no my browser is auto-downloading stuff for me and I dont know exactly what's going on oh no i'm being spyed on!!!1111' and such. These guys dont realize that the average user doesnt care if Google is running some magic to grab extra content when you're trying to decide. It's a tiny risk that the content will be illegal warez and an even tinier chance that the FBI will be taking you up the river because your browser precached some illicit material which would only appear on your search if you were searching for something grey-area anyway.

A more valid concern is what this would do the general Internet. Think of it, this visits the site without presenting anything to the user – inflating statistics. Prefetching browsers could be programmed to send a special X-Prefetching header, to tell any stats module that it's a prefetch copy.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!