Google Blogoscoped

Forum

User with 70000 photos in Picasaweb

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

Friday, January 5, 2007
17 years ago3,872 views

Whilst researching who uses Picasa Web Albums, I came across a user who has uploaded over 70000 photos onto the service (spread across two galleries, and almost 300 albums).

I guess they did the maths, and found that this was a cheap way to host that number of photos.

The photos (snapshots of party goers at a Long Island party venue) were presumably uploaded direct from Picasa on the desktop. A quick look through some albums didn't show any that had had comments or tags provided, but I'm guessing that some people will recognise themselves or their friends in the photos, and add comments as time goes on.

http://www.zmarties.com/picasa/blog/2007/01/major-picasaweb-user-with-70000-photos.html

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting. I get the feeling Picasa albums weren't build for 100s of photos. Also the page loads slowly sometimes. (By the way, your post links are broken I think...)

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder how many MB he has on picasaweb...

zmarties [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks – fixed the links!

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

seventy........thousand? how long would it take to upload that?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Picasa Web Albums For Your Domain BETA", anyone?

Seriously though, bring on Google Drive.

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

On Flickr I don't think the above stats are too uncommon. I guess they have longer to upload them though since Flickr has been around a few years.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!