Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Samsung Bundling Google Services in new Mobiles

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

Monday, January 8, 2007
17 years ago2,792 views

Samsung and Google have announced that new Samsung mobiles will come with a Google icon for quick access to Google services, and have GMail and GMaps mobile apps preinstalled.

Doesn't look like anything nwe (or ground breaking) but a nice coup for Google getting their products in more mobiles.

More here:
http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/samsungandgoogle.html

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I wonder how this will work in the UK with providers like 3, who already have deals in place with Yahoo! to have their products and services pre-configured on the handsets.

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting point. I imagine in theory it should be possible to have both lots of services on the phone – though I would think some sort of exclusivity would be at play here.

3 would be the last company to touch the mobile before the customer gets it, so if they can remove the Google apps I suppose they might. On the other hand removing them may not be possible – or would that be evil? ;)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Samsung's market space is the Far East. The ratio of users is 7:1 in that space for mobile devices compared to the US/EU userbase. That is, for every one user in the US/EU there are 7 users in the FEA market.

its a numbers ball game.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!