Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Problem with Google Custom Domains?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, January 11, 2007
17 years ago10,213 views

I've installed the Google Custom Domain features and they seems to be all in trouble at the moment.

If I check the routing server, I can see a Chinese (?) blog. Is this a hack or just a stupid bug in the new blogger feature of custom domains?

I'll send Philipp a screenshot of the blog for his archives...

Anyone that sees the same ?

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've been using it since it came out and haven't seen any problems yet.

Can you give us some more details as to what's happening? Which stage are you up to, CNAME redirect or BlogSpot redirection?

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Reto:
What do you receive if you type in
http://ghs.google.com/ ?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm getting this...

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/6141/untitled1us5.gif

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Same here.

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As ghs.google.com is the routing service for Google for domains, it seems not normal to me, that someone could take that domain as his own custom domain...

Do you guys think thats normal???

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Wow crap – that's a serious security loophole right there! Sorry guys, but I'm emailing Google about this one rather than posting the details...

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony: Does it appear malicious or accidental (the blog that's there now – not the security loophole!)?

Oh, and make sure if/when Google have dealt with it you let us know the details :)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think that blog could have done it by accident (although I'm not sure without translating his post or checking his source code).

Art-One [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Tony, I've mailed Google already about it, but maybe they'll believe it faster from an expert like you ;-) God thx, you understand me ;-)

17 years ago #

I'll artificially push this thread further down the forum "pipeline" until Google fixed this hole, just so we don't help any abusers.... I'll re-open the thread once the hole's fixed.

17 years ago #

I'm re-opening the thread as the security flaw is fixed...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!