Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Multiple addresses for the To field

Isabel Cordeiro [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, January 14, 2007
17 years ago3,241 views

Hi,

I'm new Gmail. I had an account in another webmail provider but I always used Microsoft Outlook and now I'm missing, a lot, something I had in Outlook: When I compose a mail, there is no way to access my contact list to select multiple addresses from for the To field. Should I have to have memorized all of my Contacts entries in order to access them via the type-ahead functionality one at a time? I know I can create Contact Groups, etc. but that won't work for me because I won't send a message always to the same group... I even tried a Greasemonkey script but I couldn't find anything... Any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hmm, I know the names of the people I want to send to, so I type "John Sm" and I get the suggestion "John Smith jsmith[put at-character here]hotmail.com" and pick that, that's all I can suggest.

Pri [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

it seems you might be using a different version of gmail than the default. At the very bottom there's "Gmail view: standard with chat | standard without chat" select either one of these to get the contacts to show up in the "to field".

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Isabel, if you visit your "Contacts" page *first* you will be able to check the boxes next to each recipient your want to send an email to and then click the "Compose" button. I think that's the best solution to what you're looking for.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If you have not import your contact list from Outlook, visit this link: https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8301

If you have already, you should start from "Contacts" (left sidebar) -> "All Contacts", check the people you want to email to, when you are finish selecting, click on "Compose" on top/bottom of the page. And as the more you use Gmail, you will find more trick to "Getting Things Done".

Or perhaps, you are just using the HTML version of Gmail, like Pri said.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!