Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Cache on Googles Server

Dalenstein [PersonRank 0]

Monday, May 23, 2005
19 years ago

Help me understand. I just found an IP address that contains 7,900 cached Google searches. When you retrieve one it shows what someone searched on and the web page they searched on. For instance, on April 19th someone did a search for "search for God" on a certain web site. The cache shown shows the search terms they searched on and the web page as of that date. This isn't the first time I have stumbled on a cache. But it is interesting. Why is it so open to the public? Couldn't it contain personal information. It was interesting seeing what all the people did searches on. That's how I found this site. They did a search on a couple of terms in this site, and the cache was displayed. It also showed things like a cache of Froogle searches. For instance it showed someone searching for Mickey Mouse toasters. Another one showed a shoping basked. I never knew such a thing existed. Anyhoo let me know. I don't know.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Dalenstein, can you tell more about where you found this? Also, are you using the Google Web Accelerator?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!