Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Ad History  (View post)

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, January 23, 2007
17 years ago3,920 views

Is the the "Interesting Items" section in Personalized Search new as well? This is rather cool – more detailed than the homepage gadget they've got.

andrew [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

interesting... but what happens if the ad is stopped?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nothing, Andrew. In the search history, it's just a link to the site. Imagine that instead of the ads you have some search results from an ad search engine. You click on the ad, Google tracks that and shows the link in the search history so you can have it later in case you want to come back to the site. When you go to the search history, it's not an ad anymore – just a link.

Ramen Junkie [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Bleh, lame, I made a search engine for Transaformers, I searched it for "cars" and "Mirage", both prominant Transformers things, I got no actual Transformers related pages on the first pae or results for either. In fact I got crappier results than I normally get with Google.

As much as I like google I'm starting ot hate the performance of their search engine. Too much effort on all of these side projects. The results I get anymore tend to be skewed towards all of these cloned up sites. It's apparently ridiculously easy to increase your Google ranks.

Years ago I dropped Metacrawler for the same reason, I was insanely loyal to Metacrawler too.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

"Is the the "Interesting Items" section in Personalized Search new as well"
> Yes, it present only in the English version but it appeared fews days ago too.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!