Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google News showing empty sections

Martin2006 [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
17 years ago2,594 views

Seems that Google News is having some problems atm... the World, Health and Entertainment sections are showing no results for me...

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This seems to only affect the US Google News. Localised versions seem to be working.

Martin2006 [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

If I go to UK localisation the main news segment doesn't work and it's still missing UK, Entertainment and More Top Stories.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google News UK is down
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/4056/newshsdb0.jpg

Martin Porcheron [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm now seeing different content for the UK and US pages.

On the UK version the Top Stories still works however World, UK and Business doesn't but Sci/Tech does.

If I go to the US version I see World and Business, but UK and Science/Tech still don't work.

Maybe it's caching problems, or a specific Google datacentre is experiencing an outage at the moment?

Mark Howard [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

After getting a "server problem" message from Google earlier in the day (several tries) I got a "Swiss cheese" version of the GoogleNews site – World and Business sections at least out of commission, and intermittent problems with other categories. There seems to be a significant server problem. (I'm not enough of a techno-geek to know what the likely explanations might be.)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!