Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Blogger Problems Persist  (View post)

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

Thursday, February 1, 2007
17 years ago5,835 views

The one stupid solution is to press F5 five times.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I gave up on Blogger after repeated instances of trying to upload photos. It would show uploaded....but never appeared on the page.

Enough.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This time, publishing works fine. The new Blogger posts stuff very fast.

Jake's View [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Happening to me too.

Krishna Kumar [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

The biggest problem with Blogger is the native ability to have trackbacks to other sites when posting. One has to use Haloscan or scripting to get this done.

I have always felt that apart from Search, Google is quick at starting something, but very poor at maintaining the momentum in adding essential features to compete effectively in that marketplace. Eg:- Gmail.

Roberto Dadda [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I cannot move elements in the layout, any suggestion?

bob

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

As ridiculous as I thought it sounded, Amit's right – if you hit refresh 4 or 5 times it'll eventually load. Argh.

photoactive [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Krishna: what's wrong with Gmail?? How does it not "compete effectively"?

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The problem is from the hard working.

In fact, blogger, groups, pages, base can join to one product. The difference between them only some right for read, write, edit. The data structure can be the same.

The blogger, groups, pages, base in fact to be theme like Wordpress theme. They are products defined only in themes.

If make them to one, will save much money. And make easy working.

Joe Whyte [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I have been having tons of problems with my blogger account and the worst part is their customer service. I have sent in an email a month ago and I have gotten 2 emails back saying that they did not even look into my issue but fixed a bunch of other problems so my problem is PROBABLY fixed so go and test it. I hate them!!!

Here is my post on blogger support sucks

http://www.joe-whyte.com/2007/01/25/bloggercom-support-freaking-sucks/

17 years ago #

Google have updated the Blogger Status page:

http://blogger-status.blogspot.com/2007/02/some-users-see-error-code-bx-vjhbsj.html

Incredibly, 'Hit refresh a bunch of times' is their official suggestion until they get it fixed.

Also interesting, they have yet to post this update on the Blogger Help group, which is where they suggest people report errors. It's a fairly straight-forward customer service principle to respond to people's problems in the same forum as you tell them to report them...

17 years ago #

(Also hilariously, the blogger status page comes up with the same error. Check. Mate.)

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google finally takes something out of beta and it all falls apart. I particularly like the error screens, complete with the new logo (with the beta crossed out). Pretty ironic.

http://img354.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ironicum9.jpg

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

The issue with "FTP Bloggers" and RSS/ATOM feeds is still present. We are obliged to hack our own files to get correct feeds...
Blogger really sucks :-(

17 years ago #

I think the person of blogger.com worked so hard. So please do not make them caged. Email sea may put them stop thinking how to perfect the blogger.
Any product have the mistakes. Give them more time and space to fix it. I believe the blogger.com will become better and better.

17 years ago #

Hong: Blogger.com isn't new. Not by a long shot. And the whole purpose of the new Blogger was to improve on old Blogger's terrible reliability. You're right, all products have bugs, but that doesn't mean we should sit back quietly when they occur – particularly from a company as big and well resourced as Google.

In any case, I doubt the barrage of emails and messages is anything more than background noise to the Blogger team at this point ;)

17 years ago #

Reto: You are right. We can not sit and wait. In this blog. I think Google can hear our voice. Do not worry. Everything should be Ok soon.

Amit Agarwal [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Now it's replaced with 502 server error.. F5 workaround may not help..

Ghostlove [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Blogger is now officially DOWN.

Screenshot: http://tinypic.com/4hljskl

Reyhan Dhuny [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I get these errors all the time these days.

Its quite depressing and inconvenient :(

Id pay for a Blogger thats reliable

Luci [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Hong you are killing me. Comedy gold.

cs19 [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Still can't get through on some blogs:

Server Error
The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request.

Please try again in 30 seconds.

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here]Krishna: What, GmaiL?!? Gmail's capabilities are *still* beyond any competing web mail service. What are you thinking?

I do notice that some divisions of Google, such as the former Pyra Labs group that now runs Blogger, work more slowly than others. For some teams, I suppose, the absence of start-up pressure degrades the motivation to work harder. Other groups, though, benefit from Google's resources without losing their passion. Keyhole, now Google Earth, for example, seems to be running fine, and they've even benefited from close cooperation with the SketchUp team, which also became part of Google. They even contributed to the development of Google Maps.

By and large, I think Google has been successful in working close with its acquisitions.

Vivek Puri [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

It was 'cause of a new feature from widgetbox that Blogger went down. Research before you post.

John Horan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Comments/queries/other such posts have been removed by the 'Blogger Support' team from their Forum – like this one :
http://groups.google.com/group/blogger-help-loginissues/browse_thread/thread/5f8cf5d9a6067aed/#

-the customer support service regarding 'New' blogger issues is practically non-existent : after about seventeen request forms sent to them , we got this in reply -
http://services.google.com/blogger/ts2?t=108820340&k=tk.883/FYQrl.&b=7793

-the place is staffed by idiots or else they have combined to take the piss out of those complaining and/or querying . Either way , crap 'service' .

John ,
Dublin .
[Signature removed. -Philipp]

Bernard Farrell [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

There's also a problem where the URL to individual posts does not have a .htm or .html extension on it.

In Firefox it just displays as raw HTML/CSS/JavaScript. In IE it looks fine.

So far Google has not come up with a fix for it. VERY annoying. Wordpress is starting to look better every day.

Bernard Farrell [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Let me point out that I'm NOT the Irish playwright. You can find me by Googling:
   bernard farrell treehouse

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!