Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Yahoo! better than sex?

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 1, 2007
17 years ago5,442 views

Yahoo has a weird humor when it comes to Google.

<<Google users confirm, Yahoo! better than sex

I was reading Slashdot yesterday and came across an interesting tidbit. It turns out that, according to data from Google Trends, Yahoo! passed sex as the number one search term on their search engine last year. When we heard that Google searchers thought Yahoo! was better than sex, let's just say it put a little smile on our faces.>>

from Yahoo Blog (http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000401.html)

Google Trends: http://www.google.com/trends?q=yahoo%2C+sex

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Oh, and this is simply not true:

<<according to data from Google Trends, Yahoo! passed sex as the number one search term on their search engine last year>>

Google Trends shows estimations and doesn't show a top of the most popular queries.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Haha, Danny Sullivan commented on Y!'s Blog,
"Give us the top five search terms on Yahoo, unfiltered. Is Google more popular than sex on Yahoo?"

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

isn't that a compliment to google? their users use the web for real things and not just searching for sex, like i bet most yahoo users do!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Interesting thought there dpneal!!!

Does social behaviour dictate what type of engine one chooses ? is there a hidden link that nobody is aware about ??

YEah one needs to be freakanomics freak to hear what dpneal said :)_

yohan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

<<Does social behaviour dictate what type of engine one chooses ? is <<there a hidden link that nobody is aware about ??

for me , i was raised with google. in school, the teacher would direct us to google if i needed to find something, and also becasue i was raised with dial up and google loaded fast b/c its so simplistic.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!