Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] Change Forums RSS Feed?

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 2, 2007
17 years ago2,957 views

After suggesting this to Philipp, he has asked me to put up an open poll...

Would anyone body prefer to have all blog comment threads (ones that are made automatically by commenting on a blog post) take out of the Forums RSS feed?

I think this should be done because it ends up having two separate Feed items for the same topic. It would be quite a small change, but it would neaten things up, IMO.

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I have no objection, yet ... it's not the complete solution.

There's still a slight impedance mismatch between blog posts that start as forum threads, and forum threads that start out as blog posts. If a way can be found to cleanly unify them, the RSS will fall into place too.

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I like seeing the first comment about a post, but I'm not fussed either way. I usualy check through the forum anyway as well as the feed.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Why ?? I see no problem with two feeds. One for da entry and the other for da comments.

As both are seperate feeds, it falls into seperate folders in my reader. In fact, this is the only way that I know a new forum discussion has started. What happens when we have a post that goes like "Check out the forum comments" ? where in instances PL is creatin main blog post based on the forum thread and directly links to that ? I will still get a feed from the blog rss feed -b'coz its new entry:)-

Then its the same thing correct ?? getting double pinged ? Once from the fourm and then one from the new post ?

I frankly dont see any problems.

BUGabundo [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

For me, we can keep both feeds.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!