Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lost voicemail and files facilities

Teresa [PersonRank 0]

Wednesday, February 7, 2007
17 years ago2,408 views

Sometimes last week I have suddenly lost the facilities to send voicemail or files in my Google Talk. At the same time I have also lost the message for me to click to allow me to select whether I want the music I am listening to be shown to my contact while I am on line. I have also lost the telephone icon in the attachment. I am grateful if anyone can help.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Did you try uninstalling, the reinstalling Google Talk?

Teresa [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I have tried it several times. I have also looked into if there is something wrong with my plug-in. I think it started after I accidentally downloaded some smiley, but I when I saw another tool bar with 'My web search' tried to take over my google search I removed it. I am not sure if the timing of it, but apart from that I have not done anything differently. Although I can still use Google Talk, but when I call my contacts, the phone only ring once. It is very frustrating!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You should never download smileys, screensavers, ringtones, and stuff like that, as that may infect your computer with spyware. I suggest you uninstall Google Talk, download & run the two following applications, and then reinstall Google Talk:
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

Teresa [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

I have both softwares installed in my computer and have done all the checks, but not while Google Talk is being uninstalled. I remembered there were quite a few stuffs spybot found and was deleted. I will try again with the Google Talk uninstalled. Thanks again for your help. I might come back again. This site is very helpful.

Teresa [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

It worked this time, thank you. Actually at the same time I have a reply from the Google Talk team and they advised the same thing. Thank you again, very grateful.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!