Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Some Googleplex Photos  (View post)

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, February 7, 2007
17 years ago5,433 views

The Google "pinata" is in my building. If you notice, they spelled Google out of numbers: 600613. Pretty cool. I don't know the backstory on the Giant Lego Pirate in the same picture, but I feel sure that it's a good story.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Didn't realize that. By the way it's a Playmobil pirate, not Lego... Playmobil is a German company, all German kids play with it :)

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Playmobil actually

Pierre S [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

You're damn fast ;-)
French children also play with it : Playmobil en avant les histoires!

stefan2904 [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

How you can think, austrian too. :)

Reto Meier [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Playmobil! What a blast from the past. I used to play with it in Australia – but only because relatives sent / brought it as presents from Switzerland.

In fairness I have to say they never attached as securely as Lego pieces did ;) but on the bright side they were interchangeable with lego.

17 years ago #

If I think back, Playmobil was probably more focused on good storytelling vs the construction aspect of Lego. In Lego, you barely finished building the house when the Playmobil guy was already into the final chapters of some cowboy/pirates related epic :)

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I had Playmobil and Lego.

Even though they're smaller, a Lego man could easily beat a Playmobil man in a fight...

17 years ago #

Don't feed the trolls.........

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

If one day Playmobil decides to put ads on their toys, they will really make big money :)
"Playmobil en avant les histoires!", I don't know if there is an translation for this sentenced which is in all Playmobil ads ;-)

17 years ago #

What does "Playmobil en avant les histoires" mean then?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

a "moto" (slogan, tag line, ...) used in all the Playmobil ads, and it "fit" with a sweet melody (sometime used in the toys too). And the translation could by "go ahead for stories" but I'm sure there is an other translation ;-) But I'm unable to found that on Google or Playmobile website :-S

Matt Cutts [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Okay, so I'm getting that it's a Playmobil pirate. And I'm seeing quite a bit of Playmobil loyalty. I learn something new every day. :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!