Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Could a google good ranking make me millionaire?

MillionaireGirl [PersonRank 1]

Friday, February 9, 2007
17 years ago2,710 views

Nowadays it seems that to become a millionaire the only possible way is to one to have a weird idea, I'm trying this: If I get 1 million dollars by simply doing nothing, thanks to people donating any amount of money on my paypal account, I'll simply donate a half million dollars to the one who made the greatest donation (maybe 1 dollar!).
I know that probably I'll not gain anything... but it's a funny challenge!

Do you think that this weird idea could have any possibility of success if I would gate a good google ranking for my video? :-/

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Better check the laws about running a lottery that apply to your jurisdiction. Probably better also check the PayPal terms of service – they might freeze your account as "suspicious" if a million dollars suddenly rushes into it.

But ... good luck if you can do it!

17 years ago #

Why lottery? I suppose this is not a lottery... it's just donating.
Anyway there's not any risk, it's simply a joke, I think that it's impossible that anyone would donate anything ;-)

17 years ago #

Anyway the URL is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H2ZZ7oG5AY

Someone is even thinking that it's scam... If anyone will get the point that I'm just kidding I'll remove the video :-(

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This sounds like pixellotto

17 years ago #

The idea come out from similiar "experiments". I guess none, but "The million dollar page" worked...

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

>... but "The million dollar page" worked...

Because it was original, for starters.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!