Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Life 07 (an entirely fictional game review)  (View post)

JohnMu [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, February 11, 2007
17 years ago7,324 views

Ever see http://www.getafirstlife.com/ ?

"First Life is a 3D analog world where server lag does not exist"

"Work – reproduce – perish" :-)

az [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

wow best post of 07 so far

Oren Goldschmidt [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

Gathering of Developers have really advanced... dang...

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

17 years ago #

IF YOU DIE IN THERE, YOU DIE FOR REAL

This was a good read.

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

....Wow. That was an awesome writeup.

So when does it go on sale? heh

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

Philipp at it's best once more.

Really loved to read this and while reading had an idea which hit my thoughts often lately:

How would my so called real life improve if I had the ability to delegate(Not sure if this is the correct english idiom for the german delegieren) things which I'm not good at to a electronic tool.
For example I forgot how many portions of this tasty lasange I've eaten already and just take another one. Minutes later my stomach hurds because it was one portion to much. Imagine there's a gadget which says either: "No Stephan, you've eaten enough today" or "No problem, just be your little garfield and eat one more"
Or when you buy some food, just scan it with your real life add-on and the money spent for each item is entered into your budget and the "best before end" information is saved and if you didn't eat this item until this date a voice remembers you of this fact.

Eytan Buchman [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I definitely don't have enough RAM to run everything that is coming my way :)

Loughlan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Lol. Nice one!

A good lesson learnt to 'read the title' when it says 'entirely fictitious game review' *DOH*

Mike Empuria [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

[put at-character here] Stephan: "Imagine there's a gadget which says either: 'No Stephan, you've eaten enough today.'" – There is it's called a wife :)

Mysterius [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Someday in the far, distant future, curious post-humans will actually play something like this...

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I've been playing a similar game. It's so addictive that it takes up every minute of the day. Even now, I'm posting this from an in-game browser window.

ben [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

wow. i want this game. whats it coming out on? in the pic it looked like ps2, yeh?
hope it comes to pc. whats the minimum specs?? can't wait

ldd [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I loved this article. Would you mind if I posted some parts of it on my blog?
I apologize if my request annoys you. Thanks for writing it anyways.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ldd, you can fully republish, translate, mashup etc. the article as long as you comply with the CC license...
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

If you have other requirements (e.g. commercial ones – you want to sell the article), just drop me an email and we'll discuss it...

ldd [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
I will not use it for commercial purpose, but I thought it would be better to ask for permission so I don't get into trouble.
Really nice blog by the way...

Anonymous [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Someone tried to sold me this game once
he said : get a life..damn

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!