Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Today (Possibly) Is Singles Awareness Day  (View post)

DPic [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, February 13, 2007
17 years ago6,185 views

Sounds like a fun day to celebrate ;) but i'm very happily in a relationship, and despite the fact that both my partner and i are both against Valentines Day for what it is, we'll still be celebrating it and it's gonna be a fun day for us :) I bought her a necklace using Google Checkout from Blue Nile, the place where I got her a bracelet when we first began dating four years ago

Loughlan [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Dpic...
Who said geeks couldn't be romantic. :-D

Veky [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Who said DPic is a geek?
He has a girlfriend, even... :-D

Stephan Locher [PersonRank 9]

17 years ago #

Well, I don't know if DPic is a geek or not, but that he's using Google Checkout may be an indicator for some geekenes, isn't it? ;-D

BUGabundo [PersonRank 7]

17 years ago #

buying stuff online (in a secure way) is a geek factor?

come on, we are all here for the .com bubble, werent we?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ok Dpic, is a geek, after all he did something and then comes to a geek forum and then posts his efforts.. hes' geeky..he gets my vote hands down :)-

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

To be single, it sucks... ^^

JenJen [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Because singles must be frugal, I would lobby strongly for the celebration to be on the 15th, when all the leftover Valentine's Day chocolates go for half price. If you're going to buy yourself pink and white m&ms, might as well get a good deal.

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah i admit it. I am a geek :) I'm a huge geek for the open source stuffs :D

DPic [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Ooh and i jut used Google Maps to search for flower shops in my area to get their numbers and locations :P I must've called half a dozen places and gone to three of them before i could find one with sunflowers (they're her favorite flower) and they only had 2 left! So i got her a rose to go with them :)

And there's going to be a huge snowstorm tomorrow (hopefully) so we might miss school! We haven't had a snow day all year and students and teachers alike are desperate for one. it should be fun either way-- anybody else going to be in the storm? (i'm in new england, USA although the storm stretches over a lot of the states)

Eric Cranston [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I consider myself a techie rather then a geek it sounds....like something I can be prideful of.

And I have no need of another holiday...Please join me on the 16th for Holiday Inflation Awareness Day. The purpose of this day is to examine how every time we turn around there's another day or holiday that we are suppose to do something for. And with only 365 days in a year, us procrastinators are feeling the pressure. And so this day is to help reduce the stress and problems caused by holidays, days, and awareness.

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Anti-Valentine's Day –

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/AVDC2007

http://www.cafepress.com/content/global/img/vday07_antivday_hdr.gif

hehe :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!