Monday, June 20, 2005
19 years ago

grt post..wil let it know to others...

marco it [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

no more...

Ollie Rob [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I noticed the same ... when you search for Yahoo Messenger the first result is for MSN Messenger

T.J. [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

One week on and Nokia is not even in the top
100 when searching for Motorola Mobile Phones.
Nokia is still highlighted and still number 1 when
adding a tilde in front of mobile (~mobile), which
would appear to rule out the LSI bug theory.
The tests I had running on my site have also
reverted back to how they should be. It looks
very much to me as though Google has tweeked
something.

Larry [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I don't understand why this (Nokia beating Motorola in a query that includes "Motorola") is surprising. Pagerank (and the order of search results) is independent of the query, right? If Google prefers Nokia's page to Motorola's, and your query doesn't exclude Nokia's page, Nokia will show up on top. Am I missing something?

Ema Bidiwala [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I think that nokia is better. I think the only thing good about motorola is there much hyped RAZR. Alot of people i know carry the RAZR and say, the only reason it is good, is because it has a sleek design otherwise it sucks! I personally hate the RAZR. Nokia, in the US is not noticed for its designs, because none of the carriers here have them. The US is 8 – 10 months behind in technology. If you go overseas, you will see no one carrying motorola's phones but nokias. Motorola has just announced a music phone but nokia did that in 2002. The SLVR has nothing against any of them and the ROKR, have you seen the design, it looks like it took one minute to make.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!