Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Behind the Scenes of the Google AJAX API  (View post)

alek [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, March 3, 2007
17 years ago3,520 views

I really hope they reconsider their decision to drop the SOAP interface – having stuff on the server-side ends up being really, really, really useful.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I think google should keep the old Soap as the Window XP can run the software at Windows 98.

Many site use Soap, if Google stop it and use new, will bring many troubles to the users.

Eric Enge [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

Thanks for the post Philipp. I will see if I can get some comments from Google about this. I will let you know if I find anything out.

Eric Enge [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I did get some feedback directly from Google. The source was a "Google spokesperson" (this is what they asked me to say about the source). Here was their feedback:

"Google does have a SOAP Search API, though we stopped accepting new sign-ups last December. We're concentrating our resources on the AJAX Search API, which offers easier integration with web applications; unlimited queries, with eight results per query; and support for other Google services such as Video, News, Maps, and Blog Search. As for the future, I can't comment on specifics, but we'll continue to listen to developers' feedback and try to build features that address their needs."

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Thanks Eric!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!