Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google China's New Directory  (View post)

Rher [PersonRank 0]

Friday, March 9, 2007
17 years ago5,134 views

I’ve translated those FAQ which are related to “how those items are generated and ranked”.

I apologize if my translation ability is not well. :(

3. Google 网站导航所列的内容是怎么来的?
How do those contents of “Google Dauhang” come from?

所有的分类和内容是 Google 用户最常搜索的项目。
All the categories and the contents are those items which are searched by Google’s users most.

4. [更多网站] 下的 [热门网站] 列表是如何决定的?
How does the list – “popular websites” below “more websites” be generated?

我们使用与 Google 网页搜索排名一样的演算方式来决定。
We use the same method (algorithm) which “Google Search” uses, too.

Hong Xiaowan [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

This kind of new directory is for the chinese who do not want to input URL, do not want to keyword search.
So, they will not check FAQ. Google.cn now is still USA Google, I think just make this service perfect OK. Do FAQ really useless.

Also I found, Philipp's Forum very very fitting for Chinese. Can you open the code? I think it will be hot in china also. It is better than Wordpress.

17 years ago #

Also, I think Google should make this product as a default feature to Google personal homepage.

And the user can added or edit or delete some links on the Google Personal Homepage.

Yang Fan [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

7. 我是否可以个性化我的 Google 网站导航首页?
Can I customize my directory page?
我们目前没有提供这个服务。
currently, no.

So that's why most settings were lost after closing and re-opening the browser.

About new window : I think most Chinese people like to open a link in new window(a strange habit, isn't it?), so it should be intentional, no buggy. I don't think it would be a problem, as when this page could be customized, open in new window or not would must be optional.

17 years ago #

This kind of mode is designed for lazy perple. There are 2 questiones, 1.hao123.com and daohang.google.cn, which is more convenient.
2.In china, there hao123.com standed, how many people will use daohang.google.cn really?

Google need more perfect function to pleasure the users. To simply copy hao123 make Google China sustainning shame.

Make this product to be a default function of Google Home Page will make more user try this. And customer function can make a customer directory for per users. Then this feather also useful for other languages Google.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Hong sez:
<<Also, I think Google should make this product as a default feature to Google personal homepage. And the user can added or edit or delete some links on the Google Personal Homepage.>>

You can do that.

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?root=%2Fig&dpos=top&num=24&url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/bookmarks.xml

Atul [PersonRank 1]

17 years ago #

I think cookies must not be working in this page , because if page losses setting after re-opening it in new window .

http://digitalmail.blogspot.com [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Ionut Alex Chitu what is the use , they have to work more on this because it losses data after closing page .

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I quoted Hong's request and I provided a solution: the gadget for Google Bookmarks.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

> Also I found, Philipp's Forum very very
> fitting for Chinese. Can you open the code?

I started the forum code as module that was integrateable to other sites, but the Google Blogoscoped forum has since then branched into a version very specific to this blog and its code history that is not easy to integrate. As an example, all blog posts are cached as static HTML due to traffic, and the forum integrates into the blog. Or, I still support the old URL structure for use in those pages exported from Blogspot back then, which used different permalinks. And I've added lots of bits and pieces over time. So I guess in the end I'd have to rewrite this to be useful as integrateable module again.

17 years ago #

To:Philipp Lenssen:

It will be big downloaded.

Ionut Alex. Chitu:

Yes, Daohang is also a kind of bookmarks. Little complex.

Daohang, simple than DOMZ, complex than bookmarks.

I think the Google CN use the wrong structure to develop it. Google CN lost the sprite of Google US.

17 years ago #

3.13 Updating , now it on the labs and remove some game crack links.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Small addition: the translation of "Daohang" is either Google "Navigator" or "Navigation", I'm told.

[Thanks Akay!]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!