Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Fonts change on Google Personalized page

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 12, 2007
17 years ago4,651 views

the header fonts of each feed you have appear to have just changed. I went to the page and the layout was WAY whacked out. like when you publish a page and forget a table (like I, uh, have done) but now it's back to normal. But font looks smaller and cleaner. Here's what it looked like while whacking out:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/brinkeguthrie/untitled-9.jpg

here's the smaller font:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/brinkeguthrie/untitled2-1.jpg

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Yeah, at first I thought I had accidentally reduced the font sizes on the page with my mouse scroll wheel :)

Looks like RSS feed descriptions that appear when you click on the plus sign images are now displayed in a grey text.

Overall I like the small font tweaks.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nice, but shouldn't that be an option? I love how the "personalized homepage" doesn't have a settings section.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Seems they are switching back and forth. Guess it's not 'locked down' yet.

Personally, I like THIS look a LOT more.
http://www.google.com/ig/dell

Mambo [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

[Moved from new thread]

The Google Homepage Gadget seems to have a new font size on my screen. Is anyone else getting this? It's gone barely readable! I presume it's so that more items can be display on-screen at the same time... but it's beyond a joke!

I don't think it's a silly browser mistake of mine, because the other gadgets are the same font size.

Jared Cherup [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

I'm experiencing the same thing on my Google Bookmarks gadget, and my Google Reader gadget.

Adam Dempsey [PersonRank 3]

17 years ago #

I noticed this with my Google Reader gadget last night and thought it was just my browser messing up so ignored it. For a while the page layout as completely messed up, as if the page wasn't fully loaded or something.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Nice change, but like Ionut I think it should be an option... :-/

Just a question : Do you *really* use the gadgets of Google IG? Because I just noticied that I have ~15 gadgets handful, but in fact I use only Google IG for :
- google search (rare because of the googlebar)
- quickly check if I have new mails (but I have always new mails :-])
- check Google Calendar Gadget...
nothing more.
And you?

Amy Heller [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

Does anyone here know why my homepage has lost all its layout and design? Suddenly all I have are widely spaced horizontal bars representing my gadgets etc. My tabs are MIA too.

Anthony [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

[Moved from "My Google Homepage is odd today". -Philipp]

For some reason the Gadgets on my Google homepage are a little off today.

They are a slightly different size and are a different font. They all work fine, link-wise. Most frustrating it that there are no longer edit bars next to the minimize and close buttons on any of the gadgets.
Any idea what is going on?
I have not changed anything on my computer whatsoever since the last time I turned it on a week or so ago.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

Google Personalized Homepage product manager Jessica tells me:

<<Thanks for checking in with us. The font size change went live Monday afternoon. We pushed out a new style sheet to accommodate slightly longer feed and gadget titles while preserving readability.

As you noticed, we had a few hiccups as it went live, which we've corrected. The small fonts inside the Google Reader and Google Calendar modules will be back to normal next week.>>

Anthony [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

[Moved from other thread. -Philipp]

Hopefully there's a calendar out there that is a big as it used to be.

Any way to select my own font?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!