Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Atlas Simplyfying Ajax Science?  (View post)

Jim D [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, June 29, 2005
19 years ago

He is saying that for two reasons:

#1: To stroke the ego of people already doing it.

#2: To exaggerate the benefit of using Atlas.

#2 is the most important, I think. It's not particularly difficult to use remote scripting. If people are conned into thinking you need ten years experience and a PhD, they are going to flock to things like Atlas.

Sabadash [PersonRank 1]

19 years ago #

Well, if MS has broken toys before, then it's likely to happen again.

I like the possible reality that MS is totally different now, but find it hard to believe. What painful price have they ever paid for their inablity to play well with others? And why else would they change?

I can imagine there could be in theory a hypothetical time when it might be profitable to MS to work with others. But, again, when was that true in the past? Don't split hairs, just show me a concrete example.

It is of no help to demonize MS, but it may be truthful. I'm still wondering about poker at Harvard, reputedly the only thing Gates ever did. Was there *any* cheating? I mean real cheating. And did that teach a real business lesson: show a bad side to cover something worse.

Argggh! I just can't believe that the world is better off with MS.

In *any* way.

Dustin Wright [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I bolieve AJAX is a major step in the right direction. There are however some issues which need to be addressed, most of which is on the developers side. My primary concern is usablity. Even if 1% of a sites users have old web browsers, major websites should take them into consideration. Specific we’ve found the original Safari browsers seem to have problems. There needs to be some method to use a site without AJAX. I dicuss this more at my blog

http://www.atlas-tuesday.com/ajax-is-the-buzz-of-silicon-valley

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!