Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Games for the Brain Google Gadgets

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, March 14, 2007
17 years ago2,404 views

I've been converting quite a few games from my games site to Google homepage gadgets... http://www.gamesforthebrain.com/gadgets/

Technically, this was quite easy: I basically just use a different URL for each game, and via htaccess, submit a special "minimize this" parameter to the same PHP that creates the site template. This way, with a plain PHP switch I can now replace the default screen stylesheet with a stylesheet optimized for small gadgets (e.g. it uses smaller fonts, and hides the navigation or page title). And as the Google gadgets API allows me to include any URL, I can now add another PHP that automatically creates the XML for each game that I define to be supported (this doesn't work with the site's games that absolutely must have a bigger resolution, but it fares quite good with all the rest, like simple word games).

/pd [PersonRank 10]

17 years ago #

nice.. I just andded guess the flag .. gadet on hompy.. seems to work pretty well.. now I have to pick an choose what I want an a new tab :)-

thanks Philipp!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!